Are you a fan of Mexican food? Well, you are not officially a fan if you haven’t tried the Mexican rice recipe. Yes, the authentic Mexican rice recipe is original and different to other rice recipes. This food is offered in almost all restaurants in Mexico because it has become one of the signature dishes from this country. Basically, the ingredients are not really different to other rice recipes. Only the way to cook this dish makes it different to the other similar rice recipes. With the right cooking instructions, all the flavors will be absorbed into the rice that makes it so flavorful. Therefore, be sure to remember all the tricks and tips for a perfect result.
All the ingredients for authentic Mexican rice recipe are easy to find at your nearest grocery store. It doesn’t cost a lot as well. Therefore, it makes a perfect menu on a budget for you and your family and friends to enjoy together over the dinner time.
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 1 pork bouillon cube
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 8 ounces or 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/s tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
Now that you have all the ingredients ready for the authentic Mexican rice recipe start cooking with a passion for making the best dish.
- Prepare a pot to heat the bullion and water to make the broth
- Use separate saucepan. Then, add oil and brown rice into the pan and cook it over medium-high heat until the rice becomes golden brown
- Add the finely chopped onion, garlic, and seasonings while stirring them until they are well mixed. Make sure to keep stirring, so it doesn’t get burn
- Add tomato sauce and broth. Continue boiling it for a few seconds over medium high heat. Then, cover the pan and lower the heat and continue cooking for other 25 minutes
- Garnish and fluff it with fresh cilantro (optional)
- You can also add can of corn if you like
See also: Recipes Using Riced Cauliflower Ideal for Dieters
Here is another tip. If you want the cilantro to get brown, add it while you finish the cooking. But if you like the cilantro to stay fresh and green, add it after you are done cooking this authentic Mexican rice recipe.