If you declare yourself a fan of Spanish food, then you should try the Spanish rice recipe. The authentic Spanish rice recipe has undoubtedly become one of the best Spanish signature dishes. In fact, it has become an every day’s food menu in Spain. With rice as very comforting food, this recipe makes a great recipe for the dinner. It can replace pasta because rice also contains the essential carbs that our body needs. It can be served with barbecue meat or other meat-based dishes. Of course, it is also a great idea to serve it along with a vegetable salad. Well, enough with the introduction. Let’s start cooking this easy and delicious recipe.
As the name suggest, this authentic Spanish rice recipe uses rice as the main ingredient. Therefore, make sure to choose the high-quality rice for the more delicious result. Long grain white rice is more recommended, but it can be replaced with brown rice if you cannot find it.
• 1 ½ cups of long grain white rice or brown rice
• 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
• 2 minced garlic cloves
• ¼ cup of finely diced onion
• 4 ounces of tomato sauce or el pato sauce
• 1 tsp of cumin
• 2 ½ cups of chicken broth
• 1 tsp of sea salt
• 1 tbsp of chili powder
So, have you prepared all the ingredients? Well, start cooking this authentic Spanish rice recipe then.
- First of all, prepare a bowl to combine salt, chili powder, cumin, broth and also half a can of tomato sauce or el pato sauce
- Prepare large skillet, put it on the stove and heat it over low-medium heat. Add few drips of oil and wait to add the rice to the skillet. Flip the rice occasionally for around 5 minutes
- Add the minced garlic and diced onion to the skillet and continue by sautéing them for around 5 minutes
- Add the seasoned broth and bring it to a boil
- Then, reduce the heat to low and continue by simmering it for around 15 minutes. It is necessary to not open the cover before 15 minutes because the steam will escape and cause the rice to be undercooked.
- During the first 15 minutes, the rice will absorb most of the water, so the rice will have the perfect taste and will not be crunchy
- Turn off the heat after 15 minutes, uncover the rice and flip it over.
- Recover the rice and let it sit while waiting for anything else to be ready.
The best way to eat this dish is to eat it while warm. Therefore, make sure to cook authentic Spanish rice recipe few minutes before the meal time begins.