There is nothing which can beat the authentic Italian wedding soup recipe in the world of gastronomy of soups. There is nothing quite like having a bowl of something authentic as you can soak up all of its traditional values packaged in savory appearance and taste. In the case of this, you will find it easy to make yourself a bowl of soup traditionally served in the wedding as you can pretty much make it anytime you want, be it in the wedding or not.
There is a case of a misnomer in authentic Italian wedding soup recipe nowadays, as implied before, as you can make it in informal occasion or even for dinner. But back in the old days, this soup recipe was always found in the wedding ceremony. Thanks to human creativity and accumulation, you can enjoy a bowl of this savory soup in your lunch or dinner. If you are tempted to make one, here are the list of ingredients and how to make this soup.
• 3 eggs
• 1 ½ or 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
• ½ tablespoons of onion powder
• 6 cups of chicken stock
• ½ pound of lean ground beef
• 1 teaspoon of garlic
• ½ cup of chopped parsley
• 1 pound of escarole
• 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon of dried basil
• ½ cups of chopped carrot
See also: Simple Recipe for Baked Chicken Breast
How to make the Italian wedding soup is as follows:
- Combine and mix the lean ground beef, 1 egg, bread crumbs, cheese, onion powder, and basil in a bowl or pretty much anything quite large to fit the ingredients.
- Mix it gently until it is perfectly combined.
- Shape the batter into the shape of balls.
- For the soup itself, shape the batter into several balls, four or five balls for one portion of soup. Next thing in authentic Italian wedding soup recipe, you have to handle the soup.
- Put the chicken stock into a large saucepan heated over medium heat.
- Then, let the chicken stock boil.
- If it does, put other ingredients and 2 eggs and stir them until they are well combined in the chicken stock.
- If it already does, lower the heat to a low level and cook it for about 10 minutes or so.
- Be sure to keep stirring them, so it will not stick.
That is all for the authentic Italian wedding soup recipe. Have a taste of wedding in informal occasions such as dinner or lunch.