Out of all recipes you can in everyone’s kitchen, the simplest and cheapest recipe you can find is probably basic chicken salad sandwich recipe. Not a surprising thing, though, as you can go through your fridge and use your leftover vegetables and cooked chicken for this sandwich. That being said, this recipe is the perfect choice for you who are running low on budget to buy new ingredients. You can still soak up the nutrition from this leftover sandwich.
Like its ingredients, you can pretty much cook this with anything in your fridge anytime. You do not need to buy fresh vegetables or chicken in the nearby farm market. All you need to prepare anew is loafs of bread for the sandwich. While the rest, you are going to be a little cheapskate with other ingredients. If you cannot wait any longer to make this basic chicken salad sandwich recipe, here are the list of ingredients and cooking instructions:
• 2 cups of shredded or chopped chicken, with skin, removed firstly
• ½ cup of diced carrots
• ½ cup of diced onions
• ½ cup of diced celery
• ½ cup of mayonnaise with olive oil
• 10 or 12 whole-wheat toasted pieces of bread, sliced firstly
• 2 tablespoons of mustard
• A pinch of ground black pepper
• A pinch of paprika powder
• ½ tablespoon of salt
• 6 freshly cleaned lettuces
• 6 slices of tomato
Firstly, you need to take care of the sandwich fillings. It can be quite tricky so be mindful of what you do
- Mix and combine all ingredients, except the bread and mayonnaise, in a large bowl or pretty much anything large which fits all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients by adding mayonnaise little by little for the desired consistency. If you do not, the ingredients will be too bland for the sandwich fillings.
- If it is already combined perfectly, set the sandwich filling aside to handle the bread.
Secondly, you can start focusing on the bread
- Butter up the sliced and toasted bread.
- Put the fillings, lettuce, and tomato between each slice and it is ready to be served.
As stated before, you can use leftover vegetables, pre-cooked meat, or even leftover bread. As long as they are not stale yet, they pretty much can do the job of making basic chicken salad sandwich recipe.
That is all for basic chicken salad sandwich recipe. Have fun with leftovers in your fridge.