If you are a fan of fried food, the best chicken fried steak recipe gives you the best way to eat fried chicken. Yes, the recipe may sound weird at the beginning. How come you eat chicken steak wrapped with flour? A lot of people think the flour ruins the taste yet they have never tasted this steak, so they make such comment. But once you have tasted this steak, you will change your mind right away. It’s another ultimate way to eat a chicken.
Ingredients for Chicken Fried Steak
Spare an hour to groceries to buy the necessary ingredients for best chicken fried steak recipe.
• 3 pounds cube steak
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tsp seasoned salt
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• Black pepper (freshly ground)
• Kosher salt
• 1 tbsp butter
• ½ cup of vegetable or canola oil
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• ¾ tsp paprika
• 1 ½ cups of whole milk
Ingredients for Gravy
• 3 cups of whole milk
• 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
• Freshly ground black pepper
• ½ tsp seasoned salt
• Mashed potatoes
For a beginner, cooking this best chicken fried steak recipe can be a bit difficult. But as long as you stick to the instruction, there will be no failure. Let’s begin by cooking the steak.
- Beat the eggs and milk together until well mixed. Add seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare a clean plate and place the meat in it. Work with the meat one by one by sprinkling both meat sides with black pepper and Kosher salt. Then, put into the flour mixture. Coat the meat with the flour.
- Afterward, put the coated meat into the egg mixture. Then, re-coat the meat again with flour mixture. Place the breaded meat on a different plate.
- Heat a large skillet with oil in it over medium heat and continue by adding butter. When the oil is hot, cook the breaded meat until it becomes golden brown.
- After all, meats are cooked, remove the oil from the skillet. Leave around 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet. Return it to heat over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle flour into the hot skillet and mix it together with the oil until it becomes a golden brown paste.
- Pour in the milk and continue whisking it constantly.
- Then, add black pepper and seasoned salt
- Prepare plate for serving. Place the chicken fried and mashed potato on the plate. Pour the gravy over the steak.
This best chicken fried steak recipe only requires less than an hour which makes it perfect for instant dinner with your family and friends.