You are going to learn how to make the best turkey burger recipe this time. Even though it is the best recipe, turkey burger is kind of simple and easy to make but offers you delicious taste. Once you try to make this burger to serve your family, they will probably say no more for a beef burger. This is of course because turkey burger is excellent. A different cooking method might be used to make this food. Besides, it can freeze quite well. So, let’s check out the ingredients and cooking steps below.
- ½ onion in medium size
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- Pepper to taste, use the freshly ground one
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 4 buns of hamburger, it is better to use the whole wheat
- Sliced onion, sliced tomato, pickles, iceberg lettuce, sliced red pepper, mustard and ketchup for servings
- Grate onion to make around two tablespoons grated onion. Grind it using a grater with fine holes.
- Add them to a bowl.
- Add ground turkey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt in the same bowl as an onion. Mix them well together using a fork.
- Make four shapes of patties from the mixture and press them into rounds with the thickness of ½ inch. These patties will be moist.
- Heat the oil in frying pan or griddle. Set the heat in medium-high.
- When it is ready, cook those patties on every side for about five minutes.
- Serve the patties on buns and add the condiments you choose.
- Enjoy the best turkey burger recipe.
If you cook the patties using frying pan, you better use the nonstick one with large size. The use of canola oil can be substituted with the use of pan spray if you have one at home. The use of aluminum foil when making the best turkey burger recipe will help to keep the food moist. Moreover, aluminum foil can ensure that it has been cooked evenly and keep the leftover fresh. You can clean up quickly after cooking as well.
If turkey burger is compared to hamburger, it is said to be much leaner. However, it could be dull and dry. You can moisten the best turkey burger recipe by adding some grated onion and ketchup to ground turkey. Alternatively, adding some mustard and mayonnaise will also dampen it. The main idea is emphasizing condiments while the turkey keeps moist.