No other food recipes, especially soup recipes, can be compared to Campbell’s potato soup recipe in reality. Not many people who meticulously count how much calories they have as this savory soup recipe consists of an amount of calories with all the cream and cheese in its ingredients list. However, you can loosen up a bit to have a lax regulation on your body by taking this soup every now and then. You will be guaranteed you will be tempted by its mere appearance and taste at the first try.
Probably most of you wonder why Campbell’s potato soup recipe has to word Campbell preceding other two words. This actually can come off as a misnomer as you can use other ingredients besides those of Campbell’s. Either way, if you decide on having a try on this tempting Campbell’s potato soup, here are the list of ingredients and things you need to prepare in your kitchen.
- 1 can, which is 12-ounce worth, of evaporated milk
- Several teaspoons of bacon bits, adjust the amount as needed
- or 5 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubes for about 4-5 cups
- 1 can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Onion Soup, or simply use handmade cream of onion soup
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1½ can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Celery Soup, or simply use cream of celery soup of your own
- ½ or 1 cup of shredded Cheddar, adjust the amount as needed
It is pretty simple on how to make Campbell’s potato soup recipe. All you need to do is:
- Boil the cubes of potatoes in the 4-quart saucepan with the water filled almost full.
- Let it boil over medium heat and wait until it boils.
- If it does, reduce the heat to the lower level.
- Let the potato cubes boil until they get ender when you poke them with something, be it spatula or fork.
- If they already are, turn off the heat and do not drain the water as it will still be used.
- Put in other ingredients, besides cheese and bacon bits, to the saucepan and cook them for about 15 minutes or so.
- If they all combine, serve it with the Cheddar and bacon bits, and it is ready to be served.
If you are still worried about how much calories it has, you can replace the cream soup with much healthier ones. That is all for Campbell’s potato soup recipe and have a savory dig-in.