Chicken is a versatile ingredient in culinary. You find many recipes with chicken as a primary or secondary ingredient. One of them is chicken long rice recipe that’s easy to cook in less than an hour. Some ingredients may take the time to find because you only buy them at a certain store. However, it does not reduce the eagerness to try this recipe at home. This recipe is categorized as soup, so the cooking process does not involve baking and frying. The next section will explain ingredients and cooking instructions.
- 2-3 pounds chicken
- 1 ½ or 2 chicken broth, low sodium
- Hawaiian sea salt in 1 tablespoon
- 1 ginger root, fresh and sliced
- 1-2 sweet onion
- 1-ounce bean threads, uncooked
- 2 leave green onion. Sliced
- 1 bok choy
- Prepare large pot and put on the stove.
- Put chicken, broth, ginger, and salt.
- Boil this mixture until high heat then reduces to medium temperature.
- Wait until the chicken’s texture is soft and tender.
- Wait until chicken transforms into a different color and no pink part.
- This process takes for thirty to forty minutes.
- Separate chicken and broth then get rid of residue.
- Put chicken into the new pot.
- Prepare hot water in a bowl and put rice noodles.
- Keep them for thirty minutes until look softer.
- Put onion into the broth and boil again. Keep temperature at a medium level.
- Remove bones and skin from chicken then chop into small pieces.
- Mix noodles, chicken, bok choy, and green onion.
- Stir them until blend completely with a softer appearance.
- Wait for twenty minutes then heat again.
- Chicken long rice recipe is ready to serve.
It takes about an hour to make this recipe from the beginning until it is ready to eat. The portion of sweet onion and bok choy depends on how many chickens you use. Some people like to add pepper and garlic for additional seasonings. You can put them, but the flavor will be quite different. Chicken long rice recipe uses chicken leg or breast. At first step, the chicken contains bone and skin, but do not remove them immediately. The broth should be low sodium, so it is out of salt. You can add more salt when mixing and boil the chicken on pot.
After first heating, the chicken is separated from broth. When the bones and skins are gone, you can chop it randomly, and the size is quite small. Well, chicken long rice recipe is good for breakfast or dinner. It is also suitable cuisine for children to increase their appetite. Just combine vegetables into this recipe to improve the nutrient.