Here comes another excellent menu for dinner, the cube steak crock pot recipe. As the name suggest, it involves a slow cooking so that the taste will become so much more delicious and flavorful. Although the name can be a bit intimidating, this steak is very easy to cook. It doesn’t require professional chef skill. Instead, it only requires the right ingredients and passion. Then, with only a few efforts, this recipe will turn out to be a very good menu for the whole families to enjoy. Let’s start the cooking!
The ingredients of this cube steak crock pot recipe are easy to find including in your regular grocery shop. If you want a better taste, you may want to get a better quality of cube steak. Choose the one based on your preference and budget.
• 6-8 pieces or 1 package of cube steak
• 2 cans of mushroom soup cream
• 1 onion (sliced)
• 16 oz of sliced fresh mushroom
• 1 cup of beef broth
• ½ tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ cup flour
• cooked noodles
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• Sour cream (optional)
Let’s begin the cooking session of cube steak crock pot recipe. Gather your concentration, so you do not make any mistake during the cooking session.
- Prepare a shallow plate or dish. Use the plate to combine salt, pepper, and flour.
- Place large skillet on the stove and heat it over medium heat with olive oil in it
- In the meantime, dredge the steaks in the flour and coat each steak on both sides with the flour mixture.
- Place the coated steaks into the hot oil until it becomes golden brown. Once it has formed nice crust, remove the steak from the pan
- While waiting for the steak to turn golden brown, slice the onion
- Then, create layer consisting of browned steaks, onions, mushroom, cream of the mushroom soap and repeat making the layers in the crock pot
- Turn on the heat and continue by pouring the broth into the skillet. Use a wooden spoon to scrub the pan, so all the ingredients are mixed very well. After all the ingredients are well mixed. Continue to pouring it into the crock pot.
- Cook the steak for 4 to 6 hours. If you use low setting, it usually takes 8 to 12 hours
- Once the steak is cooked, it will make a lot of sauce and it is the reason why serving the steak with noodles is a good idea.
- Add sour cream if you like it to
Once the steak is cooked, you will be addicted to it and will repeat cooking the cube steak crock pot recipe for your favorite menu.