Easy red beans and rice recipe need only short time to cook through some simple steps. As a simple meal, you may serve the dish with French bread and a green salad for satisfying dinner. You do not need to use many spices to get the great flavor of the dish.
• 1 red onion in large size, dice it
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 whole green bell pepper, remove the seeds and stem, dice it into small size
• 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves, use the fresh one and mince it
• 1 stalk of celery, dice it
• 2 cloves of garlic in large size, crush them lightly with knife blade’s side and mince them
• 1 teaspoon of onion powder
• 2 cans or 1 pound of red kidney beans
• 1 cup of white rice
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 2.5 cups of chicken stock
• ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, use the ground one
• 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Put olive oil into a large saucepan. Heat it in medium-high.
2. Sauté onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery until they are tender.
3. Stir in red kidney beans, salt, onion powder, hot sauce, and pepper.
4. Set the low heat. Simmer the mixture slowly while cooking the rice.
5. Bring chicken stock to boil. Then stir in the rice with butter.
6. Return to boil and reduce heat. Cover it and cook it for twenty minutes with the lid on.
7. Remove it from heat. Let it stand for five minutes.
8. Fold the rice as well as kidney beans together gently. Transfer them to serving the dish.
9. Easy red beans and rice recipe can be served with cilantro as the garnish.
This easy red beans and rice recipe can be served for eight people. This food will need the total cooking time of thirty minutes only in which the active time for cooking is just as much as ten minutes. The cooking time will depend on kind of rice that you use.
If you like, this delicious meal can be seasoned using hot pepper sauce. If you use chicken meat to be added to this recipe, it is better for you to cut down the fat part, but not its flavor. You will get healthy food with good nutrition by trying to cook this easy red beans and rice recipe. Now, you can practice this recipe at home. Good luck!