Chicken or beef burger is just too common. This time, you should try cooking this easy Turkey burger recipe. Yes, instead of using chicken, beef or pork, it uses turkey for the meat. Turkey is known for being one of the best meats. It is tender and savory. And to use it to make a burger is a brilliant idea. It makes one of the best burgers ever. Of course, you need the right sauce for this burger.
The sauce to complement the authentic turkey taste is teriyaki sauce. Yes, it makes a great combination especially when it is added with onions. The taste of easy Turkey burger recipe becomes much more delicious. So, cannot wait to give this burger a taste? Let’s begin the cooking show.
- 1 pound of ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp light teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
Just like other burger recipes, this easy Turkey burger recipe is also very easy. It doesn’t need any professional cooking skill. A daily cook like you can manage to cook this recipe successfully.
- Combine black pepper, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning and ground turkey breast until well mixed. Divide it into 4 portions equally and shape each portion into a patty.
- Get a separate small bowl and combine water and teriyaki sauce in it
- Get a large nonstick skillet and coat it with cooking spray. Then, place it over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the onion slices and cook it for 10 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
- Stir in 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce mixture. Then remove the onion from the pan
- On the same pan, add olive oil and cook the patties for 5 minutes
- Add 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce mixture into the pan. Turn the patties over and continue cooking for 3 minutes
- Get the hamburger bun and place 1 patty on each bun. Top the patty with 2 tomato slices, ¼ cup onion, 1 lettuce leaves and another bun halves.
If you make a lot of patties using this easy Turkey burger recipe, you can keep some of the patties in the freezer for until one month. Every time you want to cook and eat the patties, simply de-freeze it and cook it.