A sandwich is a very delicious meal and very easy to make. However, many people avoid it because they think that sandwich is not a healthy food. If you also think the same way, maybe you will change your mind after you try this healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe
below. Yogurt, sour cream, avocado, or lime is some of the ingredients to be used in making a healthy sandwich. They add more creaminess and goodness on the healthy chicken sandwiches. Those ingredients can make the menu more delicious without adding the calories. In making this healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe, you need to make both the salad and the dressing. They are full of natural ingredients that can fulfill the need of daily nutrition in your body. Here are the ingredients and steps of making the delicious and healthy chicken sandwich.
• 1 cup of Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (you can replace it with sour cream if you like)
• 1 or 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder, optional
• 2 teaspoon of lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
• 4 cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken
• ¼ cup red onions, diced
• ½ cup celery, sliced or diced
• 1 apple, diced
• 1 cup of red/green grapes, halved
• ¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
• ¼ cup of dried cranberries
• whole wheat bread for the sandwiches
See also: Handy Tasty Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Wisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a bowl. After it smooth, season it with salt, garlic powder, pepper, and curry powder. The amount of the seasoning can be suited to your preferences.
- The salad can be served immediately or later time. If you want to serve it immediately, just throw all the salad ingredients into a bowl and mix it with the dressing.
- If you prefer to serve it later time, rub the apple first with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Then, mix the salad ingredients in a bowl. Cover the bowl and put it into the refrigerator. Separate the salad and dressing until they are ready to serve. It prevents them from getting soggy.
The healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe is very easy. If you do not really like the salad dressing, you can make a lightly decorated salad by reducing the amount of yogurt and mayonnaise. The amount of garlic and curry powder can also be adjusted to meet your preferred taste. Or, you may not use it at all like in the traditional chicken salad.
No matter healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe you made, try to keep it under 300 calories. Especially if you are in the middle of a diet program, keeping the calories intake is paramount. Using organic ingredients is better. Now, organic fruits and vegetables are very easy to find on the market. Even though the price may higher than the usual fruits and vegetables, organic stuff does not contain harmful materials from pesticides that may cause disease. It is better to use organic vegetables and fruits for healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe.