Today’s people prefer to eat healthy food because they realize that junk foods are the sources of cholesterol and causing heart disease. However, for the burger lovers, it is tough to avoid the temptation of a tasty burger. Here is the healthy turkey burger recipe for you to replace your unhealthy daily burger.
Turkey sausage burger combines the classic flavors from Italian sausage and a little bit spicy taste from the pepper. When you have prepared the ingredients for healthy turkey burger recipe
, now you need to make the tools. In making this healthy menu, you need to make the equipment which is grill basket. Grease the grill racks with oil to make sure that the food would not stick. Use folded paper towel to rub the oil to the rack. Now, it is the time to cook the healthy burger.
• 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 green bell pepper
• 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
• 10 ounces of turkey meat
• ¼ tsp of dry breadcrumbs
• 2 cups of hot turkey sausage
• 1 tsp of fennel seeds
• 4 slices of provolone cheese
• ½ tsp of garlic powder
• 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Put the grill basket on one side of the grill. Turn it on and set to medium high.
- Toss bell pepper, onion, oil, pepper and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning in a large bowl. After they mix, put it on the preheated grill basket. Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir it few times until all of them become soft.
- While waiting for the vegetables, prepare the meat for the healthy turkey burger recipe. Mix the turkey meat, breadcrumbs, sausage, fennel seeds, another tsp of Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a bowl. After they are blended, take a small portion of it and shape it into a four-inch patty. Rub the grill rack with oil and then place the patty on it. Cook for about 4 minutes. Turn it over and fill the top with cheese and grilled vegetables. Do it until the cheese melted and make sure the patty cooked evenly.
- Place the patty and vegetables on the buns. Serve it.
The process of making healthy turkey burger recipe is very easy. It only takes a maximum 30 minutes to be ready. It does not need many ingredients and complicated processes. You can do it in your kitchen when you need a fast and healthy food for your tummy.
One burger is enough to fulfill your daily needs of nutrition. It contains 409 calories, 18.0 g fat (6.0 g sat), 32.0 g carbohydrates, 31.0 g protein, 5.0 g fiber, 37.0 mcg folate, 6.0 g sugars, 198.0 mg calcium, 85 mg cholesterol, 280.0 IU vitamin A, 27.0 mg vitamin C, 4.0 mg iron, and 724 mg sodium. The healthy turkey burger recipe fulfills 45% of your daily needs of vitamin C and 20% calcium. Some healthy vegetables like lettuces and mushrooms can also be a good addition to make the menu even healthier.