We all know that Gnocchi is one of the signature Italian dishes and always great to be put into any kinds of soup. This time, gnocchi is added into the olive garden chicken. Just hearing this olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup recipe already makes your mouth watering. That’s because this is among the tastiest recipes you can ever find. To simply make it even better, it doesn’t take professional skill to successfully make this soup. Even a beginner can make it without failure. Once you have done the cooking, this rich soup will make a great meal to be served together with crusty bread. If you ever thought of serving it over family dinner, all your family members will love it.
The ingredients of olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup recipe are simple and affordable.
• 4 tablespoon of butter
• 1 cup of onion (finely diced)
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin)
• ½ cup of celery (finely diced)
• 2 minced garlic cloves
• 1 quart of half and half
• ¼ cup of flour (all-purpose flour)
• 14 ounces o2 cans of chicken broth
• Sea salt
• 1 cup carrots (finely shredded)
• ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon of parsley flakes (dried)
• ½ teaspoon of thyme (dried)
• 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves (coarsely chopped)
• 1 cup of cooked chicken breast (diced)
• 1 package or 16 ounces of ready to use gnocchi
For your information, the cooking instruction of this olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup recipe is very easy. It doesn’t matter if you have never cooked it before.
- Prepare a large saucepan and place it over medium heat
- Melt butter into oil on the saucepan
- Wait for a few seconds until the butter is melted and add the celery, onion, and the garlic. Cook and stir them occasionally
- Once the diced onion becomes translucent, continue by whisking in all-purpose flour to cook for one minute
- Whisk in a quart of half and half and simmer it until well thickened
- Add chicken broth and continue simmering until thickened again
- Add thyme, parsley, carrots, nutmeg, chicken, spinach, gnocchi and ½ teaspoon of salt
- Simmer for a few minutes more until it is heated through
- Serve it in a bowl and add grated parmesan cheese if you like
Here is the truth about this olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup recipe. It takes less than an hour but it tastes like hours spent soup. Your family and friends will love this gnocchi soup. And, you can also add more ingredients like potato and chicken if you want it. The potato will give a nice texture to the soup. As for the gnocchi, make sure to purchase the tasty one from the best store nearby your place. Or, if you have some skill you believe to be pretty good, make the gnocchi yourself.
Actually, gnocchi is very simple to make. The most important things you need are good quality flour, olive oil, and hand skill. With your homemade gnocchi, this will olive garden chicken and gnocchi soup recipe tastes better.