After a long day of work, it will be perfect if you can eat some warm soup or stew. Paleo ground turkey recipes below will be a great idea to accompany your comfortable rest and make you full overnight. This recipe is easy to prepare and the steps are just simple. However, it may need more time to cook because the process involves a long cooking in a low heat. Paleo is a great choice for diet and can give more variation for your daily food.
Below are all the ingredients for paleo ground turkey recipes but before you start cooking, prepare the cooking tools beforehand. You will need a crockpot, a sharp knife, a cutting board, measuring spoons and cups, a cooking pan, and a lid to cover the crockpot and cooking pan. Now, let’s get started.
• 2 lbs. of ground turkey
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrub and wash it well and then cut into cubes
• 2 cans of organic tomatoes (about 30-oz)
• 1 small bowl of baby carrots, chopped
• 1 green onions, chopped
• 1 red onion, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, diced
• 1 tsp of ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons of chili powder
• 1 tsp of salt
• 11/4 cup of filtered water
See also: Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – Quick and Easy
- First, place the ground turkey into the cooking pan. Break it using a wooden spoon. Pour ¼ cup of filtered water into the cooking pan and cover it with lid.
- Set the stove on the medium heat and place the pan on it. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the meat turns brown. Stir it continuously to ensure the meat does not burn.
- Remove the turkey from the pan and put it into the crockpot. Add the remaining water, green onion, red onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, spices, and honey. Mix the meat and the ingredients and then cover the crockpot using the lid.
- Turn on the crockpot and cook it over low heat for 7 hours. This is the longest step of the paleo ground turkey recipes.
- After waiting for 7 hours, serve the paleo and dress it with avocados or other healthy herbs.
A cup of this paleo contains 176 calories, 7 gr fat, 11 gr carbohydrate, and 16 gr protein. This slow cooked menu is perfect for those who cannot eat gluten and apply a gluten-free diet for the sake of healthier life. The paleo ground turkey recipes can be replaced by chicken, pork, or beef, but turkey is still the healthiest. If you apply the gluten-free diet, you have to avoid some food which contains gluten such as wheat, barley, and malt. Wheat is also found in bread, cereals, cakes, pasta, etc. You have to check the label to be sure.
Applying the paleo ground turkey recipes is quite easy even for a beginner. The tools used in cooking are also quite a few so you will not get difficulties in cleaning up and washing it.