Crispy Pan Seared Salmon Fillets
It is not too complicated to cook salmon using pan seared salmon recipes. Apparently, there is also a recipe to make it with using just simple and not too many ingredients. Crispy pan seared salmon fillets will make your day. It is fast, filling, killer, and fine right. By only seasoning, the salmon is fried until it is crispy outside while buttery soft inside.
• 4 pieces of skin-on salmon fillets, each of about 170 grams or 6 ounces
• Kosher salt
• Black pepper, the freshly ground one
• 2 tablespoons or 30 ml of vegetable oil, but you can take another option of either light olive or canola oil
- Prepare paper towels and put salmon fillets. Use it to press salmon between it and dry thoroughly the surfaces. Season all sides using pepper and salt.
- To heat oil, use a cast iron or large stainless skillet. Set the heat over the medium-high until it is shimmering.
- Reduce it to medium-low heat, add salmon fillet in which the skin is side down.
- Press it firmly for about ten seconds using flexible spatula’s back part. Press it to make the skin not buckling.
- Add the remaining salmon fillets. Press each of them for about ten seconds with a spatula. Make sure that the fillets are all in the pan.
- Cook and press on fillets’ back gently and occasionally until the skin can release from the pan easily. This takes about four minutes. When you find that the skin resists being lifted, allow it to cook for a while until it can be lifted easily.
- Flip fillets using fork and spatula. Cook their second side around 15 seconds. Drain it afterward on paper towel-lined plate.
- Simple pan seared salmon recipes would be ready to serve immediately.