Ingredients for Pasta Salad
Most of the ingredients are easy to find it will not be hard for you to cook it right after you read this pasta salad recipe with Italian dressing.
• 12 ounce of Rotini pasta (or other favorite pasta of yours)
• ½ clove of sweet onion (diced)
• 1-pint grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
• 2 cups of Broccoli Florets
• 1 cup of assorted sliced olives
• 1 tsp of sea salt
• 12 ounce of Colby or cheddar cheese (sliced)
Ingredients for Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing
• 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
• ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• ½ cup of canola or olive oil
• 1 tsp of fresh thyme
• 1 tsp of fresh oregano (chopped)
• 1 tsp of fresh basil (chopped)
• ½ tsp of sea salt
• ½ tsp of red pepper (crushed)
• 1 tsp of sugar
• ½ tsp of ground pepper (fresh)
- The first instruction to cook this pasta salad recipe with Italian dressing is to clean the broccoli and cut it into bite-sized. Put it into a bowl and pour hot water over it to brighten its color. Throw away the remaining water and set it aside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a sealed container. Then, shake them until they are well mixed. Set it aside
- Cook the Rotini pasta appropriately according to the directions over the heat. Turn off the heat, drain and place Rotini pasta in the large bowl for mixing. Drizzle few tablespoons of Zesty dressing on the pasta. Then, toss the pasta so they do not stick together
- In a separate bowl, add the broccoli, onion, tomatoes, sea salt and olives. Pour the Zesty Italian dressing over and gently toss it to combine. If you want to use it later, seal the bowl and store it in the fridge
- Prepare the pasta and add the mixed veggies and some drizzles of Zesty Italian dressing. Toss them together for few seconds until they are well mixed.
- Prepare the serving plate and move the mixed pasta to the plate
- Grate some cheese to garnish the pasta
- Minced coriander can also be used as garnish
- If you still have some leftovers, store it in the fridge and eat it later. What an easy way to cook pasta salad recipe with Italian dressing, right?