Did you still remember the last time you had a meal made of the recipes using smoked salmon? Yeah, it is usually made with the combination of a bagel and cream cheese. When it comes to smoked salmon, most of you maybe would be pleased to try all new recipes for smoked salmon. Why? It is because you realize that smoked salmon has marbled texture which will be perfect for any meal you like to have. Sometimes this kind of the main ingredient even offers the great stuff when it is made from the salmon belly. People often eat it as an additional bonus to taste delicious foods.
Risotto with Peas, Spinach, and Smoked Salmon
Aside from basic smoked salmon recipes that you often eat, many methods are using smoked salmon which are simple to be tried at home with the taste you cannot resist. This risotto with peas, spinach, and smoked salmon is worth to be tried especially for risotto lovers.
• 1 cup of minced onion
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 5 cups of chicken broth, use the one with low-sodium
• 1 clove of garlic, mince it
• 1 cup of arborio rice
• 4 or 5 ounces of baby spinach, tear them into small pieces
• ½ cup of water
• 1 cup of frozen peas, thaw it
• 3 ounces of smoked salmon, dice it
• 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
• 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grate it
- Prepare 2-quart pot. Use it to heat oil using the heat setting of over medium-high.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir them until the edges part begins to turn into brown color.
- Use the separate pot to simmer the chicken broth and keep it warm.
- Add the rice into onion and garlic. Cook and stir them until they become well coated.
- Add water, cook and stir it about two minutes until almost all liquid in risotto has evaporated.
- Ladle in hot broth as much as 1 cup, and then cook. Stir it often until nearly all portion of liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat the procedure with additional 3 cups of broth. Repeat the stirring as the previous step.
- Add the last cup of broth with salmon, peas, and spinach.
- Cook and stir continuously until the rice in risotto becomes tender. Make sure that the mixture only remains not too soupy.
- Stir in lemon juice and cheese.
- Serve delicious recipes using smoked salmon at once.
When you follow the recipes using smoked salmon
as explained above, make sure that you do not skip any ingredient and step. If you are the beginner in cooking risotto, you should stick to the basic recipes. You do not need to use measurements precisely as well to add the stock. Instead, make sure that the stock in the pan or pot is enough to cover your rice completely.
You can try the recipes using smoked salmon and make your special risotto to be served to your family. This delicious and healthy meal can also be enjoyed for brunch.