All the ingredients of this rice pudding recipe with cooked rice are easy to find. Perhaps, you have them already in your kitchen.
• 110 gram or ½ cup of cooked medium grain rice
• 300 ml of thin cream
• 2 cups or 500 ml of milk
• 100 gram (1/2 cup) of faster sugar
• 1 vanilla bean with its seeds scraped
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 strips of lemon rind
• A pinch of ground nutmeg
There is nothing difficult regarding cooking this rice pudding recipe with cooked rice. You just need to make sure you follow the instructions for the best result.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius
- Prepare medium saucepan and add milk, rice, cream, cinnamon, sugar, lemon rind, nutmeg and vanilla bean into one. Mix them well before placing it over medium heat
- Over the medium heat, cook the mixture and stir it occasionally for around 5 minutes
- When it reaches simmer, remove the saucepan from the heat
- Set it aside for 10 minutes to infuse
- Discard the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Add the egg yolks and stir them to combine.
- Prepare the ovenproof dish and pour rice mixture into the dish
- Get extra nutmeg and sprinkle it over the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the custard is set and the rice is tender
- Remove from the oven
- Wait for 15 minutes before serving. Rice pudding recipe with cooked rice is best to be served warm
When serving, it is also a great idea to add slices of fresh fruits like berries to make this rice pudding recipe with cooked rice even better.