Salisbury steak is one of classic American food. This delicious steak is easy to make. Salisbury steak recipe easy will taste like it takes more hours to cook. Treat your family with Salisbury recipe by preparing the ingredients and following cooking instructions below.
The meat mixture:
• ½ cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
• 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
• 1 tablespoon of ketchup
• 1 cube of beef bouillon, you can use powdered or crumbled beef base
• 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• Pepper and salt
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2 cups of beef broth, you can use more broth for thinning
• 1 whole onion, you should halve and slice it thinly or dice the onion
• 1 teaspoon of seasoning sauce
• 1 tablespoon of ketchup, optional
• 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, this is also optional
• 4 dashes of Worcestershire
• Pepper and salt
- Prepare meat mixture by combining ground beef breadcrumbs, dry mustard, ketchup, bouillon, Worcestershire, pepper, and salt.
- Knead them until they combine well.
- Form the mixture into five oval patties. Give them steak appearance by making lines across patties.
- Heat the oil and butter in medium high.
- Fried those patties until both sides are no longer have a pink part in the middle.
- Remove it from skillet and then pour off excess grease.
- For the gravy, use the same skillet to cook the gravy over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and stir it until it is cooked, becomes golden brown, and soft for a few minutes.
- Add beef stock, seasoning sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire.
- Combine cornstarch with some beef broth. Add it to the sauce and stir it to reduce.
- Return all patties into the gravy.
- Let it simmer. Heat it back for a few minutes.
- After it is done, Salisbury steak recipe easy is ready to be served to your family.
To cook this Salisbury steak recipe easy, the amount of time needed is just thirty-five minutes with fifteen minutes active time. Serve this steak for five servings. For your information, when you cook the gravy you can add more pepper, salt, and broth if it is needed to complete the thinning process.
When you make this steak, do not forget to make enough sauce and pour it over the steak or mashed potato. Salisbury steak recipe easy will be a great meal to serve it with white rice or mashed potatoes.