All the ingredients for this shrimp and sausage Alfredo pasta recipe are easy to find. You can simply find it at a nearby store. The ingredients are also affordable to buy.
• 1 pound of medium-size fresh shrimp (unpeeled)
• 12 ounce of 1 package of fettuccine or other favorite pasta
• ½ cup of margarine or butter
• ½ pound of chopped Andouille sausage
• 1 chopped medium onion
• 4 minced garlic cloves
• 4 chopped celery ribs
• 1 chopped small green bell pepper
• 3 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
• 1 ½ tablespoon of Cajun seasoning (salt-free)
• 2 cups of chicken broth
• ¾ cups of green onion (chopped)
• 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
• 6 ounces of pasteurized cheese product
• 3 tablespoon of fresh parsley (chopped)
• 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese for this shrimp and sausage Alfredo pasta recipe
- Peel the shrimp and devein according to your liking
- Prepare big pan to cook the fettuccine. Make sure to follow the instructions to cook the pasta. Decide the tenderness of the pasta by yourself. Once they are tender, turn off the heat, drain the pasta and set it aside for a while
- Prepare medium pan, add the sausage and cook it over the heat for 10 minutes or so until the sausages are browned. Then, remove the sausages, reserve only 1 tablespoon of drippings and set the sausage aside
- Prepare another pan to melt butter and the drippings over medium heat. Then, add the shrimp and continue cooking for another 5 minutes only. Once the shrimp turn into pink, turn off the heat, remove the shrimp and keep it warm
- Prepare the pan, add the onion and stir it constantly over medium heat for around 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and Cajun seasoning. Cook it for another 1 minute before stirring in the chicken broth.
- Once all the broth has been added, stir the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes or so
- Add sausage, pasteurized cheese cubes and also shrimp.
- Wait for the cheese to melt
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and chopped green onions.
- Prepare the cooked fettuccine on the serving plate; add the sauce over the hot cooked fettuccine.