Do you want to try new healthy soup recipe? You have come to the right place. This time, you all will be given one of the best recipes for family dinner, the split pea and ham soup recipe. This old recipe has never been failed to impress anyone. It’s delicious, super creamy and savory. It combines all the great ingredients into one and becomes perfect soup to end your evening. But this recipe is unlike other split pea and ham recipe. Instead of using just ham, it uses smoked ham to give more aromas to the soup. And this has been a great decision because it makes a really good soup. As the other good news, it is quick to cook. It requires less than an hour to make. Let the cooking session begins.
The Main Ingredients
All the ingredients for this split pea and ham soup recipe
are easy and affordable to find. So, you should not face difficulty in any purchasing it.
• 1 kilo of hammock or gammon
• 2 roughly chopped onions
• 2 roughly chopped carrots
• 200 gram of split peas (soaked overnight)
• 1 roughly chopped stick celery
• 2 bay leaf
• 300 gram of frozen peas
• Crusty bread to serve
This split pea and ham soup recipe requires only 30 minutes or so.
1. Sort the split peas and rinse them with water
2. Prepare a pan, add water and bring to boil
3. Put all the ingredients into the pan unless the frozen peas and bring them to the boil
4. Continue by simmering for 90 to 150 minutes and add a little bit of water if required
5. Have the ham once it is cooked and softened. This way, the halved ham will be submerged under the liquid.
6. Lift out the softened ham, peel it off and discard its skin.
7. Wear rubber gloves and shred the ham met while it’s still hot
8. Remove the bay leaves from the soup
9. Stir in the peas and continue simmering for 1 minutes or so
10. Turn off the heat and grab a blender or to blend the soup until smooth
11. If you think the soup is too thick, add water little by little while simmering it again
12. Once it comes to boil, turn off the heat and serve it in a bowl
13. Cut the crusty bread and serve it aside with butter and the soup
See also: Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe with Italian Sausage
For your information, this healthy split pea and ham soup recipe contains around 200 calories, 11 mg of cholesterol, 3 gram of saturated fat, 14 gram of protein, 12 gram of fiber, 6 gram of sugar, 31 gram of carbs and 267 mg of sodium per serving. It may not be the ideal soup for your diet plan but it certainly does satisfy your hunger of super delicious creamy soup. Don’t worry because this split pea and ham soup recipe is very easy so you will never fail even though it is the first time you cook it.