The great and tasty way to spend your evening might be enjoying the TV show with a cup of tea and a couple of chicken pot pie. Do you need tasty chicken pot pie recipe? Chicken pot pie is not only delicious and yummy, but it also has great benefits for your health. The ingredients are composed of nutritious stuff. The following is simple chicken pie recipe which would be great to try.
- 4 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 2 pie crusts (you may use your recipe or store bought pie crusts)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat oven to 400oF (218oC).
- Prepare your pan then put the margarine, sauté the carrots, potatoes, celery, and onions in it about 10 minutes. And then, put in the flour.
- Stir well and cook for another 1 minute.
- Mix half and half with chicken broth, then put into the veggies mix.
- Cook in medium heat and all the while, stir the mixture.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add chicken into the mixture and stir well.
- Set 2-quart casserole dishes. Pour the mixture into them. Cover the top with pie crusts.
- To release the trapped steam, slit the tops.
- Bake them for 40-50 minutes or till the filling bubbling up and crust colors turn into golden brown.
- Now, enjoy your tasty chicken pot pie recipe.
Well, now you see the tasty chicken pot pie recipe. You can even start to cook the recipe right away. The ingredients are easy to find, and you do not need to find any fancy cooking utensils; just your pan and oven. The recipe is for 6 servings.
Read also: Simple Recipe for Baked Chicken Breast
As options, you could put alternative ingredients such as bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions and others. If you have not the half and half in stock, you could also use heavy whipping cream. It will give more creamy and tasty results. As and additional tips for this tasty chicken pot pie recipe, you can brown the chicken first with olive oil, pepper, and salt. If you want the pie crust, you can make it the night before you do the cooking and keep it in the fridge overnight.