How to Make Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe like a Professional Chef
• A can of tuna
• ¼ cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
• ½ lemon juice
• 1 tbsp brown mustard
• Salt and pepper
• 8 slices bread
• 3 tbsp butter
• 4 pickle spears
• Lettuce and tomatoes
See also: Being Savvy with Turkey Neck Recipe
1. Mixing Tuna Salad
- Take out a can of tuna. Remove the contents of the tin using a strainer or the lid to throw most of the liquid. If you want to reduce the oil, you can wash it under the tap water. In general, the whole white tuna make tuna salad tastes better than tuna slices. The flesh is thicker and healthier and it will be more integrated with marinade. Actually, to make Tuna Melt sandwich recipe, you can use any type of tuna you like the most.
- By using a fork, mix tuna with mayonnaise sauce. In a bowl, chop tuna mixed with mayonnaise sauce, so create the smaller pieces and mix with mayonnaise sauce. This is a basic tuna salad. If you like the finer tuna salad, you can mix it using a food processor instead of a method-and-fork bowl.
- Add seasoning to taste. To make a basic tuna salad, add 1 or 2 tablespoons pickle, 1 teaspoon brown mustard and a little dry dill. Add salt and pepper then combine everything.
2. Making a sandwich
- Choose any bread and cheese that you like. Tuna melt sandwich recipe is basically baked or grilled cheese with the addition of tuna salad, so the other important ingredient is bread and cheese on whatever you like.
- Heat a skillet or pan. Use the temperatures medium-low, heat the frying pan without oil. Meanwhile, coat the bread with butter thinly on both sides. Start by toasting the bread first. If you see this side began smoky, lower the temperature a little and turning the bread. Make both sides of the two pieces of bread becomes crisp.