If you ever want to try a new recipe using unusual ingredients at the store, you can try turkey neck recipe. For some of you, turkey neck might be part of turkey you dispose of when you buy the whole turkey at the store. If you probably would still make use out of it, the best thing you can do is to feed this to your dog. In simple, many people have looked past this type of innards and what you can do with it.
Turkey neck recipe can be your best card if you run low on a budget yet you want to fulfill the need of fat. Not a surprising thing recalling turkey neck has hardly any meat and many people’s least favorite.
Turkey neck contains a high amount of fat sufficient for your need of fat every day. If you dare yourself to have a try of this recipe at home, all you need to prepare are as follows.
- 3 ½ or 4 pounds of turkey necks
- 4 bay leaves or 3 teaspoons worth of dried basil
- 3 carrots, cleaned firstly
- 1 onion
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ or 2 tablespoons of olive oil
See also: Tender and Moist Turkey Thigh Recipes
Brace yourself for the long duration of cooking this as the necks need to be baked for one and a half hours or so. But, you will be guaranteed to enjoy the process along the way.
- Firstly, you need to prepare the vegetables by cutting the onion into halves and the carrots into large pieces.
- Secondly, put oil in a skillet over medium heat. Wait until the skillet surface is hot enough.
- When the skillet surface is hot enough to cook, put the turkey necks on it and cook them until all sides are browned up. If they already are, set them aside.
- Put the vegetables on the skillet and cook them until they are browned as well.
- Add a pinch of salt to the turkey necks and vegetables and pour a cup of water to the skillet
- Place the skillet in an oven at 200 degrees C and wait for 1 ½ hours or so until the meat starts to be off the bone.
- Last instruction in turkey neck recipe, turn off the oven and take the skillet out. Serve the turkey necks with rice or potatoes for complete nutrition.
That is all for the turkey neck recipe. As of today, you do not need to dispose of turkey necks as you can make a delicacy out of it.