First of all, think this turkey wing recipe as biscuit and gravy before you know further the cooking instructions and kind of ingredients used to make it. Then, you will find how rich, glorious, and delicious the flavor of this dish.
If you love turkey and want to make kind of similar food to chicken wings, why don’t you take a look at this turkey wing recipe and make some? Find out the wonderful goodness that you can make with turkey wings.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 whole of turkey wings around 5 pounds, alternatively use seven turkey wings with no tips
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups turkey stock
- ½ teaspoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped celery rib
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of water
- Prepare turkey wings using a sharp knife or poultry shears to separate every turkey wing into three segments which are flat, tip, and drumette. Put aside the tips to make stock later.
- Place those flats and drumettes onto roasting pan in which the skin side is up. Toss them with some olive oil and sprinkle the salt.
- Cover the wings using aluminum foil. Put them into the oven for 2.5 hours into 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the stock with tips. Use the thick-bottomed medium pot to heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set the heat in medium high. Add the tips until they are brown on both sides.
- Add chopped onion, celery, and carrot. Sauté for a couple of minutes with wing tips.
- Add all water and bring it to boil over high heat. Reduce the lowest heat. Cover until it simmers. Strain this stock when roasted wing is almost done.
- To make gravy, melt all butter in the pot over medium heat. Add all flour and combine them using a whisk. Cook until the bubbles appear. Put the stock you have made, mustard, pepper, salt, thyme, and cream, and then whisk them.
- Take out the roasted turkey wings, remove its foil. Broil for five minutes.
- Serve this turkey wing recipe by pouring gravy over roasted wings.
Every region almost has different specialties and way to make this food. To summarize, you will slow roast it in the oven and put in the broiler to make it crispy. The gravy will be poured over turkey wing recipe. This rich flavor dish is suitable for comfort during cold days.